|Turn a photo of an ancestor into a gift|
My aunt was Grannie's caretaker for the last 9 years of her life. My aunt says Grannie really was fairly self-reliant until the last year. I knew having Grannie gone would be tough for my absolutely amazing aunt. When it was craft night at church and this project came up, I knew what to do. I made a copy of the photo my aunt never knew existed and mounted it on this tile. When my aunt saw it, I knew I had made something amazing for her.
It's fairly simple.
- Use a copy of a heritage photo (or printed family tree).
- Obtain a piece of tile. They come in various sizes from home improvement stores (or from a goodwill 'restore' type place). The tile we used was 6x6.
- Select complimentary scrapbook or wrapping paper and cut to size.
- Lay a thin layer of Mod Podge on the tile with a foam brush.
- Place photo and decorative paper on the adhesive. Smooth with fingers or specialty tool.
- Cover the photo and paper with another layer of Mod Podge.
- Glue ribbons and attach sticker embellishments
I thought this post would be timely for those of who scrambling to share family history as a gift for this Christmas. It would make a great Mother's Day, In Remembrance, or celebratory gift as well.